Hashtags are crucial for increasing your Instagram audience reach by facilitating a better user experience and engagement with your content.
In this article, we will explore what hashtags are, the different types of hashtags and how to use them effectively for your advantage.
Let's start by defining a hashtag first.
- What are Instagram Hashtags?
- Why use hashtags on Instagram?
- Do Hashtags still work on Instagram?
- What are the different types of hashtags used on Instagram?
- How many hashtags should you use while posting on Instagram?
- How do I know if a hashtag I created on Instagram is working or not?
- How to hide hashtags on Instagram?
- How to find the most popular/trending hashtags on Instagram?
- How to look for multiple hashtags on Instagram?
Creating hashtags is easy, and although they work most of the time, in some cases, they may not work due to some error.
The best way to check if a hashtag you have created is working or not is by clicking on those hashtags.
Once you have created a hashtag and published the Instagram post, the hashtags will appear as a blue text representing a link. Clicking on those hashtags will open up another page on Instagram, which will display the total number of posts created using those hashtags.
Hashtags that are not working will not appear as blue text. Neither will they bear any hyperlink connecting them to the actual hashtag page on Instagram.
If you want to know about the hashtag's performance on Instagram, you can check the same by using Instagram Insights.
Instagram Insights can help you understand all hashtags you have created and how much traffic they bring to your Instagram post.
However, remember that you should have a business account on Instagram to access Instagram Insights features.